Each academic year first year students are divided into mentor groups. These groups are being guided by a FEB chosen mentor and a VESTING chosen mentor, also called formal and informal mentor. At the end of May and the beginning of June applications for these functions are open. By then, you will find the application information on the website.
A formal mentor gives, apart from general guidance to its group, weekly sessions called SPAA meetings. These meetings are held in English. A three day training is mendatory for all formal mentors. This training is worth 2 ECT's (study credits). The formal mentorship is a teaching assistant position.
Along with a formal mentor, each group is assigned an informal mentor. Its role is mainly present at Introduction Weekend and the mentor nights. As an informal mentor you act as a counselor for every student.
For the academical year 2017-2018 the mentor couples are constituted as follows (in random order):
- Tom Greeven (FEB) - Max Drese (VESTING)
- Elwin Dogger (FEB) - Joseph Haanstra (VESTING)
- Igor Damming (FEB) - Jelte ter Braake (VESTING)
- Femke van Essen (FEB) - Michiel van der Gaag (VESTING)
- Balder Stalmeier (FEB) - Koen Eppink (VESTING)
- Merel van den Berg (FEB) - Sanne Weerstra (VESTING)
- Sander de Vries (FEB) - Bob Resink (VESTING)
- Lisa van der Leij (FEB) - Phebe Langens (VESTING)
- Marc Achterbosch (FEB) - Tamar Smit (VESTING)