- Den Haag
- Actuary, Banking, Financial Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Do you enjoy developing and analyzing financial and actuarial models? Are you analytical, a self-starter and detail-oriented? Then join our Financial Risk Management team as our Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst!
This is what you do as a Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst
As our future Junior Quantitative Risk Analyst, you will work in the Actuarial and Mortgages domain of the Methodology team, which is part of Aegon Group Risk’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) team. This team develops and maintains actuarial and mortgage best estimate and Solvency II risk models for all insurance and mortgage exposures on Aegon’s balance sheet. For example, models to determine Aegon’s exposure to longevity risk or to mortgage spread risk are maintained by the team.
Your fellow team members will help you to familiarise yourself with our models and business. You will support in improving our models in collaboration with stakeholders. Any changes to the models will be described in model documentation and presented to management. Over time you would be able to develop as a subject matter expert on one or several models, becoming the key contact person for stakeholders and implementing potential model improvements independently.
Depending on your experience and ambition there are opportunities to become an expert in a particular domain. Next to on-the-job support and guidance by senior colleagues, there are opportunities to develop your knowledge or soft skills with external trainings.
Who will be your new colleagues?
You will work closely with 6 other colleagues of the Actuarial and Mortgages domain within the Methodology team. The entire Methodology team consists of a combination of 28 highly motivated juniors and experienced specialists in the quantitative valuation and risk modelling field. Next to learning from these colleagues, there are also social events, such as drinks or team outings, throughout the year. In addition, you can become a member of Young Aegon for more social events and to get to know even more colleagues!
This is your future position because you:
- Have a quantitative background, which can either be demonstrated with a master’s degree in econometrics, mathematics, physics or any other quantitative field or with relevant work experience.
- Have gained 0-4 years of work experience.
- Would enjoy analysing models and processes, clearly communicating about them and improving them on a continuous basis.
- Have acquired knowledge of programming.
- Have excellent communication skills, are a talent in working detail-oriented and structured, and have a focus on teamwork.
What will you be getting?
- You will be earning between € 2.950 and € 5.029,37 based on 40 hours and your experience;
- You will also receive a thirteenth month and a holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget, amounting to 16.7% of your monthly salary;
- Plenty of scope and budget for your personal development;
- A minimum of 27 holiday days;
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses;
- Discount on Aegon products;
- A good pension scheme.
People are living longer, and at Aegon we are excited by the opportunities this brings. We are here for everyone who wants to make the most of their time on our planet and leave it a little better than they found it. Aegon is an integrated, diversified, international financial services group. We are here to support every stage of a long, healthy life with guidance, financial advice, and propositions. With our solutions for investment, protection, and retirement, we give people the confidence to make the right choices for their future.
To succeed in our mission, we are looking for curious, ambitious and empathic employees who dare to speak out and finish what they start. At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
This is an exciting role in an ambitious environment where you will be able to develop your quantitative skills and thought leadership within Risk Management. Are you that person who will further improve our models? Then make sure to apply immediately! Do you have some more questions? Send our recruiter, Adinda Janse, an email via email@example.com. You can find more information about our application process on our website.