- Den Haag
- Actuary, Banking, Financial Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
As a Junior Actuary you support in providing financial reports (SII and IFRS17) for Life and Pension products in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures. This includes prototyping usable tools for final implementation, creating sound documentation, and performing actuarial calculations and analyses. You also unlock and edit internal and external data to provide financial insight to (further) develop valuation models and determine actuarial parameters.
In addition, you participate in various projects within Finance where you provide insight into the operational and financial impact for your focus area. You know how to communicate these models and the impact of certain initiatives clearly and make them transparent for your direct colleagues and other internal departments such as Balance Sheet Management and Risk. The challenge is to apply your insights into the company with conviction.
Who will your new colleagues be?
The FR&O Actuarial&SII team consists of approximately 20 colleagues and a manager. It is our ambition to offer the best and most efficient solution for internal and external stakeholders in the form of information, analysis and advice. Financial Reporting & Operations in part of the Netherlands Finance department and provides the financial reports for our stakeholders (Aegon Corporate Center, De Nederlandsche Bank, Rating agencies, Investor Relations and management). This means that Finance has an important function towards the management, the various business units of AEGON The Netherlands and society.
This is your future position, because:
As an Actuary you know how to convincingly convey a technical story to your stakeholders, you are proactive, flexible and a real team player. In addition, you have:
- Completed training as an actuary or a completed WO science master, think of Econometrics or Mathematics;
- 0 – 3 years of relevant work experience within the actuarial profession;
- Affinity with programming and data processing (in C++, R and Python);
- Interest in financial and valuation issues under Solvency II and IFRS17 where you work in a solution-oriented manner and can explain analyses to stakeholders in an understandable way;
- Healthy decisiveness;
- Communicative in Dutch and English (also in writing).
Technical Development Program
This position is part of the Technical Development Program. The program is based on job rotation. Every two years, you will switch to another business unit in The Hague: Aegon The Netherlands, Aegon Asset Management, Aegon Group and Aegon Bank. These rotations (3 times max.) facilitate your development as a broad professional. Besides these rotations, we offer you everything to boost your development:
- Extended training program (a.o. communication -, project management -and leadership skills)
- International assignments
- Individual coaching by program coordinators
- Possibility to obtain professional accreditation such as CFA
The program is an excellent opportunity to build a broad network with your peers and to interact with senior management. All of this prepares you for senior expert and management roles within Aegon. For more information click here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Aegon, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a Financial Institution – we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from harnessing distinct perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We offer you an exciting position, in which you work independently and professionally in an ambitious and dynamic organization. Growth and development are important to us, which is why we invest a lot in our employees in the form of development and growth opportunities. In exchange for your involvement and commitment, we offer you a comprehensive package of excellent primary and secondary employment conditions, such as:
- A competitive monthly salary.
- In addition, you will receive a fixed 13th month and holiday allowance in the form of a monthly flex budget of 16.7% of your monthly salary.
- Good work/life balance with at least 27 vacation days.
- An appropriate travel allowance.
- Excellent pension scheme and discount on Aegon products.
Does this role appeal to you? We then look forward to receiving your cv and motivation via our application form on this website. For more information about the application procedure you can contact Suzanne van Calsteren, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, via e-mail email@example.com or by telephone on 06 21641892.