- Working Student
- Consultancy, Data Science
- Required language
- Dutch, English
How you describe yourself
- Busy with a Master in artificial intelligence, computer science, data science, econometrics, (applied) mathematics, (applied) physics, or related studies
- Experience with programming and analysing large amounts of data using (e.g. Python)
- A high problem-solving ability and able to distinguish main and side issues
- You are enthusiastic about all the possibilities that big data offers
- Love to contribute to a better world
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
What we Offer you
- Challenging projects: with your colleagues, you will be fighting financial crime in a quantitative way
- A horizontal organization where the lines are short
- A great team of 40 smart, inspiring and sociable colleagues
- And finally: a fantastic working location in the heart of Amsterdam
Next level in Machine Learning?
As an intern you help developing machine learning models for leading financial institutions in the Netherlands. With us you have a lot of contact with customers of these financial institutions. In a short time you not only get to obtain in-depth experience with latest machine learning technology, you also develop them. These models help financial institutions to detect fraudulent behavior and make the world a better place
You will be directly responsible for you parts of the project and you will work together with your RiskQuest colleagues on projects at banks, insurers and pension funds. In addition to good compensation, we offer flexible working hours and a lot of substantive challenge.
We are a consultancy specialized in (risk) models for the financial sector. In an increasingly complex world, there is also an increasing need to manage risks. Models are an important instrument in this regard. Our services focus on all aspects of the use of models: data, model development, validation, policy and strategy.
In recent years we have been able to build up an impressive customer base. We work for all major Dutch financial institutions. In addition, we are continuously expanding our services.
We are a team of 40 ambitious individuals, almost all of whom have a quantitative background in econometrics, mathematics and physics. Mutual social contacts and an informal working atmosphere with a lot of individual freedom are important to us. You quickly become part of our close-knit team.
Your day at RiskQuest
08:30 - 09:30
You enter our office at the Herengracht and start the day with a nice conversation in the coffee corner. Have you read the latest news on financial crime?
- Client Meeting
10:00 - 11:00
Time for a meeting with one of our clients. They want to know about the most material money laundering risks for their portfolio, and how we can identify fraudulent transactions using machine learning. Interesting!
12:00 - 13:00
Time for lunch! And don’t forget to prepare for the RiskQuest table tennis tournament
- Development Machine Learning Model
14:00 - 16:00
Together with your colleagues you start working on a first version of a machine learning model to detect ML transactions for the client you spoke to in the morning.
- Presentation Preperation
16:00 - 17:00
Because it is very important to not only make good models, but also explain them, you prepare some slides that elaborate on how the ML model works. You make sure the slides are nice and clean, because tomorrow is the follow-up meeting with the client
Some insights from your colleagues at Financial Crime Analyatics
The opportunities for development are pretty much infinite. It mainly depends on yourself, showing that you want to develop and having the will to actually do so. This aspect, combined with a really nice and informal atmosphere definitely makes RiskQuest stand out.
Manager – Financial Crime & Data Analytics
Do you have a question?
Feel free to contact Emma, Senior Consultant at RiskQuest.