- Consultancy, Data Science
- Required language
- Dutch, English
How you describe yourself
- A MSc. or PhD in a quantitative studies (econometrics, mathematics, physics, IT, or related studies)
- Interest in programming and working with large amounts of data.
- At least 5 years of expierence in working with different programming languages, e.g. SQL, Python, SAS, R or Matlab.
- The ability to come up with clever solutions to correct data issues.
- Being able to distinguish main and side issues.
- You like to work in a practical way to analyse and solve puzzles.
- Being able to lead and coach the consultants working in your team.
- A pro-active and communicative person, who is able to bring his/her message across at the client.
What we offer you
- A work environment with motivated, talented, quantitatively educated colleagues that can help you grow and learn a lot in a short amount of time. Your vision can contribute to this and to the strategy of the company.
- Together with your RiskQuest colleagues and employees from the client, you get to try to get the most valuable insights from the data by preparing the optimal dataset for the client.
- Work on assignments for international banks, insurance companies and pension funds.
- Being able to further develop your knowledge of SQL, Python, Matlab, SAS and/or R, by working on data-analses and data preparation which form the basis fo (credit) risk models for our clients.
- Improve your knowledge of credit risk models (PD, EAD, LGD) and market risk models (IRRBB, VAR)
- The opportunity to make a significant contribution on the assignments we do for our clients, by leading the team.
- An above market average, competitive salary. Participation in team activities, flexible working hours and working location.
Next level in Machine Learning
As a consultant you help developing machine learning models for leading financial institutions in the Netherlands. With us you have a lot of contact with customers of these financial institutions. In a short time you not only get to obtain in-depth experience with latest machine learning technology, you also develop them. These models help financial institutions to detect fraudulent behavior and make the world a better place.
You will be directly responsible for your parts of the project and you will work together with your RiskQuest colleagues on projects at banks, insurers and pension funds. In addition to good compensation, we offer flexible working hours and a lot of substantive challenge.
We are a consultancy specialized in (risk) models for the financial sector. In an increasingly complex world, there is also an increasing need to manage risks. Models are an important instrument in this regard. Our services focus on all aspects of the use of models: data, model development, validation, policy and strategy.
In recent years we have been able to build up an impressive customer base. We work for all major Dutch financial institutions. In addition, we are continuously expanding our services.
We are a team of 40 ambitious individuals, almost all of whom have a quantitative background in econometrics, mathematics and physics. Mutual social contacts and an informal working atmosphere with a lot of individual freedom are important to us. You quickly become part of our close-knit team.
Your day at RiskQuest
- Start of the day
09:00 - 09:30
Every team member provides a short update and you discuss what you will be working on that day.
- Presentation Preperation
09:30 - 10:30
The results of the first dataset need to be discussed with senior management. You go over the presentation to prepare yourself.
- Coffee Break
10:30 - 10:45
Time for coffee, together with your colleagues you take a small break from work.
- Client Meeting
10:45 - 12:00
You conduct a meeting with the client to discuss some data attributes, you communicate the results of the meeting to your team members.
12:00 - 13:00
Lunchtime, as we work in the center of Amsterdam, you can go for something different every day
- Stakeholder Management
13:00 - 14:00
You discuss the results of the dataset with senior management of the client and propose the plan for the next phase of the project.
- Team Lead
14:00 - 17:00
You communicate the plan for the next phase of the project to your team members and prepare for tomorrow’s day start meeting.
Some insights from your colleagues at Data
One of the things I like about RiskQuest is that our colleagues do their work with passion. You notice everyone’s intrinsic motivation to improve themselves and in this way reach the best possible results for our clients. This is also notable outside of work when we play a game of padel, table tennis or chess.
Manager – Financial Risk Modelling
Do you have a question?
Feel free to contact Vincent, Manager at RiskQuest.