- Consultancy, Financial Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
How you describe yourself
- Master’s degree in econometrics, actuarial sciences, mathematics, physics or related studies
- At least 5 years of work experience in the financial risk management field, of which at least 2 years in a senior or manager position
- Extensive knowledge and interest in quantitative financial risk management
- Be passionate about delivering tailor-made solutions
- Coaching skills to get the best out of your colleagues
Wat we offer
- Working in a highly educated, quantitative, young and enthusiastic team with an informal culture; your voice and vision contributes to the success of RiskQuest
- Challenging projects: you are in the lead to deliver success on great risk management projects
- A horizontal organization where the lines are short and you can shape the strategy of the organization
- All knowledge and ins & outs for developing (risk) models
- Above market primary and secondary employment conditions
- Ample room and budget for personal development
Next level in Risk Management?
As a Senior Risk Management Consultant, you will be in the lead of enabling leading Dutch financial institutions to take calculated risks. With your vast experience in a senior role, you are not only able to deliver the best risk solutions for our clients, but also able to inspire your colleagues. Thanks to your entrepreneurial mindset, you will contribute to RiskQuest by finding new business opportunities and shaping the strategy of the organization. We offer great compensation, great colleagues and the most challenging risk management assignments.
We are a consultancy specialized in (risk) models for the financial sector. In an increasingly complex world, there is also an increasing need to manage risks. Models are an important instrument in this regard. Our services focus on all aspects of the use of models: data, model development, validation, policy and strategy.
In recent years we have been able to build up an impressive customer base. We work for all major Dutch financial institutions. In addition, we are continuously expanding our services.
We are a team of 40 ambitious individuals, almost all of whom have a quantitative background in econometrics, mathematics and physics. Mutual social contacts and an informal working atmosphere with a lot of individual freedom are important to us. You quickly become part of our close-knit team.
Your day at RiskQuest
- Start of the day
08:30 - 09:30
Today I will work from out office at the Herengracht. The majority of the team members at my current project are working at RiskQuest. Therefore, it is nice to work from our office with the team. Especially, since some banks have less office space available. I start the day with a cup of tea, having a chat with colleagues and checking my e-mail.
- Meeting: Day Start
09:30 - 12:00
As modelling lead, I will be part of multiple day starts. Luckily, I am able to plan them myself. I prefer to keep them short and plan some meetings afterwards to go into results in more detail. It is a busy morning with multiple meetings with stakeholders. We are currently collecting detailed loss information and we have to explain to the model owners what we are doing.
12:00 - 12:30
Today I go for a ‘Tosti’, with cheese and tomato. Furthermore, I take additional food for the rest of the day.
- Coaching meeting
12:30 - 13:30
I start the afternoon with a coaching meeting with one of my coachees. We will have a coffee in the city centre of Amsterdam and discuss a variety of topics: work, future project, ambitions, but also the status of our building projects (since we both build a house).
- Technical and stream leed meeting
13:30 - 16:00
My favourite moment of the day is the technical meeting in front of the whiteboard. Today we discuss joint exposures within our non-retail portfolio and how to treat these in out model. Furthermore, we discuss where we can retrieve additional data needed for this approach.
- FRM MT
16:00 - 17:30
At the end of the day we have or management team meeting for FRM within RiskQuest. We discuss new project requests and how to staff them. We also investigate actions for the long run
Do you have a question?
Feel free to contact Jiske, Business Manager at RiskQuest.