- Data Science, Marketing Intelligence
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Do you dream of working for one of the leaders in data analytics and media planning software, but you still have to complete your studies? You’ve come to the right place. We offer data science / econometrics / operations research / mathematics students the possibility to work solely on writing their MSc thesis on an applied topic in the field of media, to work on actual client projects, or on a combination of both. New spots will open in 2022; for more info or questions you can reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE JOB
You work in (small) teams on challenging modeling projects using a great variety of exciting analytical skills and tools. Our clients are big well-known companies from around the world operating in many markets. You help them understand the effect of their marketing efforts and what they can do to improve this. You are equipped with knowledge and expertise in the field of quantitative techniques such as econometric modeling and simulation. You will apply your developed methods and models to different challenges in the field of media & marketing, such as the allocation of advertising budgets or campaign effectiveness analysis
You comprehend complex problems quickly, are creative in finding solutions and you are results-oriented. You are part of a diverse team that consists of people with similar quantitative backgrounds, and experts from the concerning work field. Being part of Nielsen, you will be able to work with major clients from all around the globe and have access to huge amounts of data.
What will I do?
- Processing, analyzing and modeling data from various sources within a small project team working towards a client delivery
- Making decisions about data, methodology, and modeling within a project to ensure the quality of the outcomes, and discuss progress and issues with the project lead
- Contributing to technical improvements of existing solutions, as well as to the development of new analytical product offerings for (future) clients in the field of media.
- Currently enrolled in a Master in Computer science, Econometrics, Mathematics, or other quantitative MSc;
- Some experience in Python and/or R programming, classification models and theory of simulation;
- Good command in spoken and written English;
- Available for at least 16 hours per week (but preferably 40, combined with thesis);
- Available for a period of at least 6 months;
- Residing in the Netherlands.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- 10 days of paid leave annually based on 16h/week employment;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socializing and fun;
- (when office re-opens) Football and Ping-pong table, and drinks every Friday afternoon;
- (when office re-opens) Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- (when office re-opens) Daily fruit snacks.
16 hours or more (e.g. 16 hours internship plus 24 hours thesis time)
Bachelor or Master