- Data Science, Marketing Intelligence
- Required language
- Dutch, English
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless.
ABOUT THE JOB
You work in (small) teams on challenging modeling projects using a great variety of exciting analytical skills and tools. Our clients are big well-known companies from around the world operating in many markets. You help them understand the effect of their marketing efforts and what they can do to improve this. You are equipped with knowledge and expertise in the field of quantitative techniques such as econometric modeling and simulation. You will apply your developed methods and models to different challenges in the field of media & marketing, such as the allocation of advertising budgets or campaign effectiveness analysis.
You comprehend complex problems quickly, are creative in finding solutions and you are results-oriented. You are part of a diverse team that consists of people with similar quantitative backgrounds, and experts from the concerning work field. Being part of Nielsen, you will be able to work with major clients from all around the globe and have access to huge amounts of data.
What will I do?
- Processing, analyzing and modeling data from various sources within a small project team working towards a client delivery
- Making decisions about data, methodology, and modeling within a project to ensure the quality of the outcomes, and discuss progress and issues with the project lead
- Contributing to technical improvements of existing solutions, as well as to the development of new analytical product offerings for (future) clients in the field of media.
- Master’s degree with an emphasis on analytics & statistics such as Econometrics, (Technical/Applied) Mathematics or a related study;
- 0-3 years of experience;
- Excellent understanding of statistics and econometrics modeling;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a keen eye for detail;
- Strong technical skills, coding experience, preferably Python;
- Knowledge of probabilistic programming or Bayesian modelling techniques is a plus;
- Interested in the media landscape and quantitative marketing
- Good understanding of the English language, both verbally and in writing;
- Residing in the Netherlands or willing to relocate
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- 25 days of paid leave annually based on 40h/week employment;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Flexibility in working hours and location;
- Exciting projects and clients;
- An open, respectful and multicultural atmosphere;
- Time for socializing and fun;
- (when office re-opens) Football and Ping-pong table, and drinks every Friday afternoon;
- (when office re-opens) Reimbursement of traveling expenses;
- (when office re-opens) Daily fruit snacks.