- IMC Trading
- IT, Trading
- Required language
- Dutch, English
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT A TRADING CAREER AT IMC?
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in many different ways. This means we look for different types of traders; from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to more operationally focused personalities who thrive on interacting with brokers over the phone.
Our traders share one thing in common, though: they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we always trade in the right place, at the right time.
YOUR JOURNEY AS A TRADER ASSISTANT
As a trader assistant, you’ll get a first taste at what it’s like to work at IMC during your studies while adding value as an integral part of IMC’s trading team. It’s your chance to show us what you’re capable of, both analytically and as a teammate. You’ll be responsible for your own projects, with support from our skilled traders and technologists where needed. This is a unique opportunity to develop yourself professionally and to build that ‘can do’ mindset.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a trader assistant at IMC, you will:
- Enjoy the support of a dedicated mentor
- Work closely with our traders and technologists, building valuable connections
- Be supporting our trading teams by analysing data and building tools to make the trader’s life easier
- Learn about the trading industry, what it is like to be trader and have the freedom to find your niche
REASONS WHY THIS IS YOUR FUTURE JOB
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to work at a place where creativity, teamwork and innovation are recognised and rewarded
- You’re aiming to secure a graduate position before actually graduating
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
- In (pen)ultimate year of a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics, Physics or Econometrics)
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Python preferred)
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for 2 days a week for at least 6 months
READY TO APPLY?
Our hiring process, including tips on applying and interviewing with IMC, is described on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start your journey with IMC.
IMC: JOIN THE LEADER IN GLOBAL MARKET MAKING
IMC is a leading global market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex challenges or taking part in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.