- Den Haag,Leeuwarden
- Actuary, Banking, Financial Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
Big shout out to (recent) graduates in the quantitative field. Are you a real data guru and do you want to make impact within the financial services industry? Then the Data Science Development Program is the ben program to start your career in the data Science world!
The job in a nutshell
The Data Science Development Program is a two year program which will give you the opportunity to become one of the best data scientist in The Netherlands. You start this program as a Junior Data Scientist were you will analyze all Aegon data and data from external sources. You will apply advanced analysis methods to create fact-based insights and algorithms that will provide direction to Aegon and thus internal departments. This may include analyses of campaigns, customer value and other forecasting models, product development, pricing, customer processes and distribution.
Your insights will provide us with the best possible understanding of what is important to customers and what appeals to them, as well as how we can optimize our processes and pricing. Your analyses will also enable us to quickly identify fraud. In a growing analytics team, you will work with different units within the organization (such as marketing, sales, pricing, operations and finance).
During the Data Science Development Program your base is at our office in The Hague or Leeuwarden where you work as a Junior Data Scientist with your team. Within the program you will get hard- and soft skill trainings proved by MIcompany. During the two year program you also have the opportunity to do a three month project at one of our start-ups, like Knab, or at one of our international offices (Brazil, Spain or the US).
This is your future position, because:
- You are an ambitious starter with a(n almost) completed master’s degree in econometrics, mathematics, physics or other quantitative MSc programs.
- You are available from September 2021 (or earlier).
- You earned high grades, you preferably have gained experience from part-time jobs, extra-curricular activities or you completed an internship abroad.
- You have experience with programming skills such as SQL, R, Python.
- You are a native Dutch and fluent English speaker.
- You have good knowledge of, and experience with, analytical methodologies and technologies (such as GLM, segmentation techniques, random forest and decision trees).
- You are passionate about solving complex problems, and you are capable of clearly communicating your findings to our departments.
- You are highly ambitious and you want to help us transform our company into a leading, customer-focused financial services organization.
Who will be your new colleagues?
The Analytics & Data Science team is a close-knit, ambitious team. We have approximately forty data scientist and we all work together for Aegon The Netherlands. The average age is around 30 years old. Almost everyone in this team is part of the Data Science Development Program or graduated from it. There is a variety of backgrounds in the department with academic team members who are econometricians, mathematicians and physicists.
However, we all share one passion: building models and algorithms, and deciphering data! We have lunch together, go running or cycling together and we even went on a ski trip with our team. We regularly get together after work and have fun. Many of us are also actively involved in Young Aegon – which organizes fun get-togethers, the Christmas gala and an annual ski trip.
What will you be getting?
The Data Science Development Program has a duration of two years. Within these years MICompany and your colleagues will make you the best financial services data scientist in Data Intelligence. In addition, we offer:
- A good monthly salary of gross €3210 (based on 40 hours a week) and annual raises based on your performance
- A monthly, fixed 13th month and holiday pay in the form of a flex budget (16.7% of your monthly salary)
- A minimum of 27 vacation days
- The opportunity to take training classes or to follow study programs
- Appropriate reimbursement of commuting expenses
- Pension plan and a discount on Aegon products
Aegon actively pays attention to your personal and professional development. Freedom and responsibility are high priorities at Aegon. This means that our employees are given plenty of space to take initiative and implement their own ideas. We believe that collaboration, performance and a good atmosphere are more important than status or hierarchy. We put a lot of emphasis on coaching and training, and we provide the basis for your success.
Can you hardly wait to start working with us? And, are you sure you want to build a career as data scientist? Send us your CV, cover letter and grade transcripts. Since you cannot upload the transcripts via this website, you can attach them to your cover letter or e-mail them separately to the recruiter. Assessments (Learning Agility and Cognitive test) are part of the recruitment process.
Questions? Contact Emily van der Werff, our Talent Acquisition Manager Graduate at 0683041623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.