- Amsterdam,Den Haag
- Banking, Corporate Finance
- Required language
- Dutch, English
NIBC is looking for an intern in our Investor Banking team. The team focuses on providing institutional investors access to our corporate debt origination network. The team closely cooperates with NIBC’s financing teams, such as Digital Infrastructure and Leveraged Finance. NIBC is a first mover in digital infra, which makes it an important niche within the bank and gives us a strong competitive advantage.
As an intern within Investor Banking you will support in our commercial efforts towards institutional investors. This includes research on institutional investors and their markets, prepare for and participate in calls and meetings with institutional investors. Furthermore you will support in the preparation of investor propositions and marketing presentations. The internship provides you with ample opportunity to demonstrate and develop your commercial skillset, your ability to think out of the box and be creative and your talent for organizing and structuring multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Why would you want to work for NIBC’s Investor Banking team?
- Enhance your commercial and process management skills
- Get a better understanding of financial markets, institutional investors and private debt
- Get a better understanding of NIBC’s lending process
- Develop your knowledge of digital infra and other core asset classes within NIBC
- Take part in a new and growing initiative within NIBC
What will you do?
- Performing research on institutional investors
- Preparing documents for- and attending client meetings
- Contributing to internal team meetings and maintaining relationships with all people involved in investment propositions, including clients, professionals from other departments, and investors
- Actively contributing to creating inventive solutions for clients in an open and professional team environment
Who are we looking for?
- To apply for this position you must have:
- (almost) completed a Bachelor’s degree – preferably but not necessarily – in economics, business, sciences, or engineering
- Candidates should be fluent in English
- Strong analytical, quantitative and communications skills
- Excellent academic results and extracurricular activities
- We also attach great importance to your personality, professional performance, entrepreneurial spirit, teamwork, sense of humor and creativity. In return, we offer a challenging work environment and excellent employment benefits.
Our purpose is to make a difference at decisive moments for our clients. The inventiveness of our solutions often determines our ability to do this. And inventive ideas arise from diverse teams. We are therefore looking for people with different profiles and who want to contribute to the openness and inclusiveness of our culture. To increase our professionalism we also focus on giving each other continuous feedback. A high performance culture can only be sustained with talented individuals who are always ready to take the next step to grow. See also: https://www.nibc.com/about-us/our-purpose-and-corporate-values/
What will you get?
By working closely together with all team members with different backgrounds and levels of experience, you will obtain a thorough understanding of financial markets, institutional investors, private debt, and NIBC as a whole. The benefits of a smaller dynamic firm in a smaller bank will give you substantial responsibilities, direct exposure to senior management and enable you to rapidly understand how the whole bank works and where you can best leverage your talents.
How to apply on our website?
Applications can only be submitted via our website. The 'apply' button will take you directly to the Quick Apply page. Here you can upload your CV. The system immediately extracts the necessary information from your CV. Please note that further on in the application form you will have the possibility to upload more documents. Don't forget to add your motivation letter. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your application. An assessment can be part of the procedure. Instead of a motivation letter you can choose to make a 2-minute video outlining your motivation. An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Like to know more about the position, please contact Nanouk Verasdonck via Nanouk.Verasonck@nibc.com. For more information about the recruitment procedure, you may contact our HRInfodesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.