- Den Haag
- Banking, Corporate Finance, Financial Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
‘Innovation and agility’, a core need at Aegon since the increasingly fast-paced and ever-evolving environment is crucial to succeed tomorrow. Up for a challenge, passionate about M&A, Fintech and investments, then this might be your internship at Aegon Corporate Development.
Aegon’s roots go back more than 170 years – to the first half of the nineteenth century. Since then, Aegon has grown into an international company, with businesses in more than 20 countries in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Today, Aegon is one of the world’s leading financial services organizations, providing life insurance, pensions and asset management. Aegon’s purpose is to help people achieve a lifetime of financial security. Over 28,000 Aegon employees help over 26 million customers take responsibility for their financial future. As of December 2017, we managed more than EUR 817 billion of our own and our customers' investments.
The job in a nutshell
As an intern, you will be actively involved in the Corporate Development projects, and will be based at Aegon's headquarters in the Hague, the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, both in the context of transaction origination and deal execution. Your activities include:
- Market scanning to identify potential changes in the competitive landscape or overall market trends;
- In-depth analysis of companies (financial projections, company profiles etc.), and assessment against a set of criteria for potential qualification as M&A opportunity;
- Contribute to valuation analyses, such as DCF, LBO and multiples valuation, as well as other financial modeling;
- Reviewing confidential information (memorandums, financials, legal documentation);
- Communicate your findings and conclusions to the project team;
Who will be your new colleagues
The Corporate Development team within Aegon is responsible for the execution of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and divestments across the globe. Our goal is to deliver on Aegon’s strategy, by pursuing transactions that enhance the value of our global platform, explore new distribution channels (e.g. digital) and help better connect with our customers. Currently, we have a large transaction pipeline, both buy-side and sell-side, whereas the size varies from small to large cap transactions, as well as varying in structure (e.g. majority stake, minority investments, joint ventures).
This is your next internship, because you
Third year (academic) university or master students are invited to apply. Preferably a background in CEMS, Economics, Business, Finance, or Econometrics and affinity with M&A. You must be highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and planning skills.
Furthermore your profile should fulfill the following criteria:
- Excellent academic results combined with extra-curricular activities;
- Experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel (presentation skills, financial modelling etc.);
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills (clearly formulate a perspective, show critical thinking etc.);
- Self-starter with the ability and motivation for self-learning;
- Starting in January 2021 for at least four months for 5 days in the week.
It is required to be enrolled at a university to take part in this internship. Next to that you will need a Dutch BSN-number and Dutch bank account. If you are a non EU/EER student, you will need a valid residence permit stating that you may work ('arbeid vrij toegestaan'). Applications that do not fulfill this criteria cannot be taken into consideration.
What you get:
- Relevant working experience by actively supporting both origination and execution of M&A transactions across the Americas, Europe and Asia;
- Exposure to transactions across different business lines (i.e. insurance, pensions, asset management, FinTech and banking), distribution channels and geographies;
- Large international deal flow, strongly initiated and executed within the Corporate Development team of 9 highly driven professionals;
- An internship allowance;
- Free membership at Young Aegon;
- Join our Onboarding program for new colleagues.
Do you have what it takes to become our intern at Corporate Development, then we look forward to receiving your application and CV via this webpage. For more information, please contact Emily van der Werff at firstname.lastname@example.org.