Normally the VESTING Hitchhiking activity would take place in September. This would have been a fun activity where participants would hitchhike to a certain destination in couples. Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus, it is not possible to do this at the moment. Therefore the Hitchhiking Committee has arranged an equally fun and corona-proof activity where you can see your fellow students again, finally! The activity will take place on September 19 and will start at 13:45.
Participants will have a mystery to solve with the city centre as playground. The game is known as ‘Ontsleuteld’. You will take on the challenge of finding the Mysterious Client. You will receive cryptic hints about a location somewhere in the city centre. Once you have found the right location you will have to solve another mystery in order to get a phone number and find the next location, this keeps on going until the mysterious client is found. There will be 10 teams competing to solve the mystery the fastest. For more information about this exciting activity, you can go to https://ontsleuteld.nl/.
When a team has solved the mystery, they are welcome at the terrace of Stadslab Groningen. This is where the winning team will be announced. Here everyone will receive a complete dinner including one consumption. After dinner everyone is welcome to stay and you can catch up with your fellow students.
There is a limit of 64 places, so be sure to enroll in time! You can indicate your preference for teammates, but it is not a problem if you don’t as you will then be assigned to a team. The participation fee is only €9, for which you get the exciting activity ‘Ontsleuteld’ and a complete dinner.
Corona measures during the activity:
- Participants will keep 1,5 meters distance from each other at all times
- Participants agree with sharing name and telephone number with Stadslab
- Participants will stay seated during the time at Stadslab and only leave their seat to visit the toilet
- Participants will respect the measures taken by VESTING and the location. The board and committee members will give warnings if necessary. At three or more warnings, they are free to remove the participant in question from the event (no restitutions)
Furthermore, one can not participate if:
- One has experienced Corona-related symptoms in the 48 hours prior to the event
- One has been in contact with a person infected by Corona in the 10 days prior to the event
- One has visited a country for which the travel advisory is orange or red in the 10 days prior to the event
If you have to cancel the activity due to the three measures above, restitution is of course possible!